How to Stop the "Via psm.knowbe4" from Showing During a Phishing Test
Note: If you are whitelisting via Microsoft's Advanced Delivery policies and are experiencing this issue, please contact our support team. The instructions below when used with Advanced Delivery may cause emails to be quarantined before reaching your users.
Sometimes phishing emails will show "Via psm.knowbe4" in the sender information. The reason this displays is because we set the return-path address to the @psm.knowbe4.com domain (e.g. email@example.com). This helps us to pass SPF checks, since most mail filters look at the return-path email address for SPF.
You may be able to resolve the issue by overwriting the fixed return-path address in your KnowBe4 account settings. To do this:
- From your KnowBe4 console, click your email address in the top right corner and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to the Phishing Settings section.
- Under Phishing Email Headers, click the Overwrite Fixed Return-path Address with Sender Address checkbox.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes to save your changes.
- Set up a test campaign for yourself or a small group of people to ensure the issue has been resolved.
If the "Via psm.knowbe4" text still displays in phishing emails, submit a ticket to our support team for further assistance.
Disabling the return-path header does increase the possibility that our phishing emails will be flagged as "junk mail". To help prevent this, be sure to follow our whitelisting procedures outlined here: Whitelist Data And Anti-Spam Filtering Information.
Article is closed for comments.