Disabling External Warning Banners for Training Emails
When users receive training emails, mail flow rules or other policies may add a warning banner to the message. The banner can cause users to delete the email without looking at it, which could cause training notifications to be ignored. The instructions below explain how to disable these warning banners.
Adding a Custom Header for Training Emails
Below are instructions on how to create a custom header for KnowBe4 training emails. Using a custom header will let you disable the warning banners for emails using that custom header.
- Log in to your KnowBe4 account.
- Click on your account name in the top-right corner of your KnowBe4 console and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to the section titled Training Email Headers.
- Select Add Custom Header.
- In the field below, add your custom header. The custom header will display on any training emails sent from KnowBe4.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of your account settings.
- From your mail client or spam filter, whitelist your custom header to prevent the external warning banner from displaying. For instructions on whitelisting by header, please see the whitelisting section of our knowledge base for specific instructions for your mail client or spam filter.
For further assistance with setting up whitelisting rules, please see our Whitelisting Data and Anti-Spam Filtering Information article.