Disabling External Warning Banners for Training Emails
When users receive training emails, mail flow rules or other policies may add a warning banner to the message. The banner can cause users to delete the email without looking at it, which could cause training notifications to be ignored.
Below are instructions on how to create a custom header for KnowBe4 training emails. Using a custom header will let you disable the warning banners for emails using that custom header.
- Log in to your KnowBe4 account.
- Click on your account name in the top-right corner of your KMSAT console, and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to the section titled Training Email Headers under Training Settings.
- Select Add Custom Header.
- In the field below, add your custom header name and header value. The Header name can be the basic identifier for your custom header. The Header value is useful for adding more information about your custom header. Entering this information is helpful if you use more than one console or if you want to match other internal headers you may have.
Important: You will need to use hyphens to separate words in your custom header instead of spaces. For example, you can enter "Security-Awareness-Training" rather than "Security Awareness Training" for your Header name. The custom header will display on any training emails sent from KnowBe4.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of your account settings.
- From your mail client or spam filter, whitelist your custom header to prevent the external warning banner from displaying. For instructions on whitelisting by header, please see the whitelisting section of our Knowledge Base for specific instructions about your mail client or spam filter.
For further assistance with setting up whitelisting rules, please see our Whitelisting Data and Anti-Spam Filtering Information article.