What Is the Reporting API?
KnowBe4’s Reporting application programming interface (API) feature, limited to Platinum and Diamond customers, allows you to pull data from the KMSAT console for reporting purposes. Currently, this feature is limited to allow requests for phishing, training, user, and group data. When using this API, you must authenticate to the API using an account-specific key.
See the sections below to learn about creating and managing Reporting API tokens.
Creating a Reporting API Token
To create a Reporting API token, follow the steps below:
- From your KMSAT console, click your email address at the top-right corner of the page and select Account Settings.
- Navigate to Account Integrations > API.
- Under Reporting API, click the Enable Report API Access check box.
- Click Reporting API. The Reporting API subtab will open.
- At the top-right corner of the Reporting API subtab, click + Create New API Token.
- Fill out the fields on the Create New API Token page. For more information, see the screenshot and list below:
- Name: In this field, enter a descriptive name for this API token.
- Status: Enable or disable the API token.
- Click Create Token. The Reporting API Token pop-up window will open.
- Click the Reporting API token to copy the token. Make sure to save your copied API token somewhere that you can easily access. After you close this window, you will not be able to view this token again.
- Click OK.
Once copied, you can use the API token to pull data from the KMSAT console for reporting purposes.
Managing Reporting API Tokens
Once you have created a Reporting API token, you can manage the token on the Reporting API subtab. You can access this subtab from the Account Integrations section of your Account Settings page.
Note: You can view only the last 10 digits of your Reporting API tokens after they have been created. If you lose a token, you’ll need to create a new one.
To learn more about the options available on this subtab, see below:
- Key: This column displays a unique identifier used to authenticate an API request associated with your KMSAT console
- Name: This column displays the custom name you assigned to your API token when it was created.
- Generated By: This column displays the email address associated with the user that generated the API token.
- Generated On: This column displays the date the Reporting API token was generated.
- Status: This column displays the API token’s status. The status can be enabled or disabled.
Actions: Click the drop-down arrow in the rightmost column to view the available actions for a Reporting API token. These actions include:
- Edit: Click Edit to open the Edit Reporting API Token page, which is similar to the Create New API Token page. Edit options as needed, then click Update Token to save your changes.
- Delete: Click Delete to permanently delete a Reporting API token.