First things first. Here are the steps you should take before you “go phishing!”
Brand new to KnowBe4? Below are the first steps we recommend you take before getting started with phishing or training your users. Steps 1-2 are mandatory for success. Steps 3-5 are optional but recommended.
- Whitelist our mail servers. Because you’ll be sending simulated phishing emails to your users while using our product, you will need to whitelist our servers to allow these emails through. Whitelisting our mail servers will also ensure that training-related notifications will reach your users.
See the below article for more information about whitelisting KnowBe4:
If you have questions or difficulties whitelisting, our support team can help!
- Import your users. You will need to import your users' email addresses in order to set up phishing or training campaigns. If using Active Directory, we strongly recommend setting up Active Directory Integration to maintain your user list automatically.
Consider how you'd like to group your users--for example, by department or location. You can target groups with phishing and training campaigns and also allow groups to compete against each other on leaderboards.
See the below guides for more information:
-Adding/Importing Users (Video)
- Add your company logo, set the main theme color for your learner experience, and set your organization's default business days and hours. Adding your company logo and theme color will provide a “familiar face” to your users upon logging into the security training for the first time. Setting your default business days and hours will help when setting up your phishing campaign to ensure users only receive phishing tests when you want them to.
You can add your logo, set the main theme color for your learner experience, and set your business days and hours in your Account Settings. To navigate to your Account Settings, log in to your console and click your email address towards the top-right.
For more information, view the below articles:
-How Do I Set Up My Account's Time Zone, Business Days, And Hours?
-How Do I Add My Organization's Logo To The Console?
- Set up two-factor authentication (2FA) for yourself or other admins on the account. KnowBe4 offers you 2FA as an additional, optional step to keep your organization’s account information secure.
For more information, see the below article:
- Customize a landing page. Your default landing page is what users will see when they fail your phishing tests. If you’d like, you can add your logo to one of our built-in landing pages. You can also create your own landing page from scratch, with security tips specially-tailored to your organization or industry.
After creating/customizing the perfect landing page, you can contact Support to request to change your default landing page so that all phishing tests will take users there by default. (Don't worry, you can select different landing pages when setting up phishing campaigns or editing email templates without the assistance of Support!)
More details about landing pages can be found on the below resources:
-Creating Landing Pages
-What Landing Page Should I Choose?
-Customizing Phishing Templates, Training Notifications, and Landing Pages (Video)