Updating Your Active Users in Your KnowBe4 Console
If you have manually imported your users in the past and are not using Active Directory Integration (ADI) to maintain your console's user list, you can use the below steps to easily update your active users.
Before you get started, ensure you have prepared a CSV containing all of the current employees in your organization who you'd like to have in your console.
See: How Do I Import Users with a CSV File?
If you're running a training campaign which allows users to be re-enrolled in training and take the course multiple times, you should NOT use this method of archiving/reimporting as it will re-enroll users that have completed the training upon reimport. Note that if this issue occurs, your user's original enrollment and completion data is still available in their reports.
To quickly update your Active Users for KnowBe4 using a CSV, do the following:
- Log into your KnowBe4 console and navigate to the Users tab.
- Click the Download button to download a CSV of your current KnowBe4 Users.
- Open the CSV and delete all fields and headers except for the Email column with your users' email addresses. Save this CSV.
- Under the Users tab, click the Archive button and then Bulk archive from CSV.
- Choose the CSV you have just modified and saved as part of Step 2. Then, click the Archive Users button.
The users will not be permanently deleted but they will be archived (admins are exempt from this). You will not lose any data for your users.
- Navigate to the Users tab, then Import Users, and then click the CSV Import tab. Import your new CSV with all current, active users.
Your active users will restore with all past data, while inactive users will remain archived.