What Is UST?
The USB Security Test (UST) can help you find out how your users will react to unknown USBs. If your users open a specific KnowBe4 file on the test USB drive, this action will count as a test failure. On Microsoft Office documents, if the user also enables the macro on the file, additional data is tracked and geo-mapped.
Note: You will not be required to download or install any software as part of this test. All you will need to get started is at least one USB drive with a downloaded KnowBe4 file and a free KnowBe4 account.
Follow these steps to complete your USB Security Test:
- Sign up for a free account at https://training.knowbe4.com/, and then check your email for a confirmation link from KnowBe4.
- Click the confirmation link to activate your account and set up your password.
Note: When signing up, be sure to use your email address from your organization's domain, rather than your personal email.
- After you set up your password, log in to https://training.knowbe4.com.
- In the Free USB Security Test section at the bottom of the page, click Get Started to begin.
- Download one or more of the files you see on screen. Feel free to rename them to something enticing that will lure your users into clicking on them. Place the files on your USBs and start your test!
- Drop the USBs in any location around your office. This will prompt your users to decide whether they will leave the USB alone or plug it in to investigate. Worse, they could open the files or even enable macros on them. The test will track any failures within seven days of the start of the test.
- Check your account for results. If you see failures, contact your sales representative or reseller for more details.
Article is closed for comments.